Saturday, October 1, 2016

FAST PEYOTE STITCH JEWELRY
JOSIE FABRE
KALMBACH BOOKS

I am a “woven” beading artisan.  The peyote stitch is utilized in most of my “Geometric Adornment” jewelry utilizing Miyuki delica 11 ought beads. This jewelry is donated to not for profit organizations and they retain 100% of the proceeds.

“Fast Peyote Stitch Jewelry” was most helpful in speeding up the weaving process. Some of my larger designs required many beads in their foundations and were therefore very time consuming. In essence, the number of pieces I could complete became limited.  This book has educated me in the utilization of two and three drop peyote stitch.  I now feel like the energizer bunny.

There are 25 + original projects to study and complete.  The instructions are well documented and each individual photograph is beautifully presented. In addition, one can find the essential materials, tools and finished measurements for each of the projects.  There is no guesswork.  One is presented with all the necessary corresponding word charts.

Thanks to the very accomplished author, Josie Fabre, I am sure all peyote stitch beaders will enjoy their adventures with beaded structures even more.


Razine Wenneker

No comments:

Post a Comment