Thursday, October 5, 2017

Beaded Crochet Spiral Rope Jig


Have you ever tried to create a beaded spiral rope?  Well I have!  Found that there were many YouTube videos available, but they were of little help.  On some, either the beads were too small to visualize, stringing thread same color of beads, poor sounds, directions not always consistent from one video to the next.  Unfortunately, all too often the instructor’s fingers obstructed the critical step.

Then, Marion Larsen came to my rescue.  She introduced me to the Tubular Bead Crochet Kit with its wonderful jig, tools, and fabulous CD which I proceeded to insert into my computer.  There I was able to follow the well-defined instructions which included using the color coded beads to crochet a sample of the beaded rope.   In addition, kit contained sufficient beads to complete a 7 1/2” bracelet by transferring the crocheting knowledge obtained when creating the swatch.    A  C-Lon spool of thread, size 7 crochet hook and big eye needles, etc. were the additional tools in the kit.  Also, if one was interrupted during the crocheting adventure, there was a small clip to secure the pending stitch.    NOTHING WAS LEFT TO CHANCE!

The Kit with all supplies, thread, and a multitude of other materials can be purchased at http://www.store.jewelsinfiber.com/crochet.html  (Click to view kit with jig.)  The site is a beader’s delight.  Jig took me on a very rewarding creative journey.  If I had any questions, Marion was always very helpful.

Happy Tubular Bead Crocheting.



No comments:

Post a Comment