Thursday, November 1, 2012

Build Your Own Wire Pendants


No Brick or Mortar Required

I remember as a child, I had envisioned building a skyscraper. My architectural aspirations were not to be realized. However, my creative spirit was fulfilled with my jewelry design concepts; albeit on a much smaller and less grand scale.

As I proceeded, the ideas were first executed on paper. I had a large drafting table ready to go. The materials were chosen and all additions and subtractions were noted before proceeding.

Kalmbach Press has recently published “Build Your Own Wire Pendants” by Kimberly S. Berlin. After initially setting forth the tools, materials, techniques, the author sits down at the drawing board and executes her customized frames with an assortment of beautiful beads and cabochons. Many of the frames have been embellished with twisted and hammered wire. They are all geometrically appealing and suspended on dramatic bails. Ms. Berlin has presented us with precise pendant design blueprints.

One doesn’t have to procure any architectural certification or license. Just get inspiration from the ideas and directions set forth in this book. Although it isn’t “The Architectural Digest,” the structures featured will enhance any “neckline.”



11 comments:

  1. I would not have known about this book but for your review. I am getting pretty proficient at making wire jewelry but I have not had the courage to design my own creations. I think this book will provide me with the inspiration to do so, so I am buying the book. Thanks!
    PS - I would like to enter your contest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy I was able to help with the review. Thanks for taking the time to comment. Need your email address to enter you in the contest.

      Razine

      Delete
  2. Miyoshi rosa
    Bklyn_angel_129@yahoo.com
    Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting book. I'm just getting into some wirework...bought my first jig yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope I win! I hope I win!

    gdevoid@tds.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds interesting...and FREE is in my budget!

    directordian@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a really great resource. I would love a copy!
    Dawn Lawrence Floen
    sunshineindustries@shaw.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This book looks very interesting! I must add it to my xmas wish list :) Thanks for taking the time to review it! stinks@rogers.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds interesting.
    susgo1@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am always looking for inspiration & help in working with metals. I will have to look for this book. ss10001@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete