Friday, January 23, 2015


The Book of Zentangle

Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas
 

Do you believe in fate, or do events just occur happenstance?  This is a question I often ponder.

How fortunate that these two kindred souls came together and created Zentangle, a meditative form of art.  This book presents a most joyous presentation of the history and discovery of Zentangle. 

When reviewing other Zentangle books, I told Maria the patterning reminded me of the beautiful illuminated manuscripts that I had studied while pursuing my Art-Education degree, and the fractal concept discussed with one of my professors. She agreed and in fact there is a beautiful example of a manuscript on page 14. 

In their book, “The Book of Zentangle,” one’s focus is on creating basic repeating patterns and together they brought their zen like concept of this methodology to fruition.  Tools, methods, exercises, and projects are handled in great detail. Stories and comments are shared about the feelings of contentment and peace one achieves putting pen to the paper tile and taking their life on this new path of discovery.

Fate, or happenstance – you be the judge!

No comments:

Post a Comment