Monday, February 9, 2015


 IT’S A STICKY AFFAIR

 Aleene’s Glue

 
I just received a carton of this “Favorite American Craft Glue.”  Inside were five cylindrical 4 fluid oz. containers consisting of Clear Gel Tacky Glue, Original Tacky Glue, Quick Dry Tacky Glue, Fast Grab Tacky Glue, and Turbo Tacky Glue.  I had been doing some seed bead decorating on my Zentangle designs, and was anxious to see if any of these products would produce the results I was trying to achieve.  My mantra had been “glue, place, and stay.” 

Unfortunately, in the past I had not been too successful.  My designs were well conceived, but I could not get the glue to adhere for any prolonged time.  No matter how long I waited, there was always a recalcitrant bead that refused to stay in line.  Some of my clients accepted the designs in their asymmetrical fashion, but that was not really the statement I was trying to make.

All of the above glues hold my beads fast to the  beaded drop earrings or my Zentangle images.  Now my mantra is “glue, place, and thank goodness” for Aleene’s Favorite American Craft Glues.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment