Monday, February 9, 2015

THE ART OF ZENTANGLE


After perusing this book, “The Art of Zentangle,” I decided to go on Amazon to ascertain what other readers were posting about it.  I certainly had my own opinions, but it is always useful to get other readers slant on things.  Almost 100% of the reviewers agreed with my premise that this book is extremely well conceived.  All of the sections are laid out with great care and numerous zentangle concepts are explored.

 Tools and materials, patterns and borders are all there at one’s fingertips and micro pen.  If one can see, one can “tangle.”  Page after page is enticing the reader to listen to the music and begin the dance.  On one page, a whimsical creature is introduced after a camera reproduction of cobblestone walk.  These inspirations are all around us; it is just a matter of interpretation and then presentation. 

 I was introduced to many variations of a basic zentangle pattern which then led to my freedom to think outside the box and let my imagination begin the creative movement. There are blank spaces on some of the pages which allowed me to practice.  The instructions on the mandala stencil string were fun to follow and the finished project lead to many additional zentangle drawings.  As my strings separated the tiles into different sections, I couldn’t wait to put my pen to paper tile and begin.

One doesn’t have to have to be an “artist.”  Once you pick up this book, you will be hooked on “The Art of Zentangle” and the many meditative and fun activities you can then pursue.

 

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment