Thursday, March 5, 2015

ARTISAN'S DE-LITE

 

ARTISAN'S DE-LITE

The expression "there is lite at the end of the tunnel" is true.  Like many in the beading and jewelry making community, working with small links and beads really was a challenge.  My labors of love, became tortuous.  The small holes in the 15 and 11 aught beads tumbled about on my mat board as if to say, "I dare you to enter."  Their bright colored surfaces beckoned me, but the small holes daunted me.
 
Recently a lite in white shinny armor appeared, delivered by UPS. This was the answer to a handmaiden's dream.  The Ottlite 13w Slimline Task lamp seduced me.  It enabled me to see clearly and comfortably as I approached each new bead design.  I discovered that it projected a natural daylight illumination and help reduce glare and extreme eyestrain.
 
The above model is quite reasonable in price as are many of the other Ottlite products.  In fact, I was contemplating hiring an electrician to put in additional lighting fixtures in my studio.  Saved myself a lot of money and many of my beadwork projects have been completed. 
 
Many thanks to the Ottlite at the end of the tunnel. 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. This would be an amazing and WELCOME addition to my Craft Room! No matter how much I try, I just can't get enough GOOD light to be able to tell true colors, see tiny things and cut or stamp straight.
    I have been pricing these lights and even though they are reasonably priced they are still out of reach due to high prescription costs each month. Every time I start saving to get one I get sick and need to buy yet another prescription! Winning this would be such a blessing!! Thank you for the chance to add such an amazing tool (yes, lighting is a tool) to my crafting toolbox!

    ReplyDelete