Sunday, March 1, 2015

 
 
Stringing Along with LAY3r 3D DOODLING PEN
 
 
I am into meditation.  Not that old kind of chanting a mantra, but the whole immersion of mind and appendage to paper.  The official terms for this absolute form of relaxation and loose as a goose creativity is an art form called "Zentangle."  No need to go into it at length with this posting, but this is where my review of the 3D Doodling Pen comes into play.
 
In essence, these Zentangle patterns are normally created on a paper after drawing a series of "strings" - lines which divides this paper tile into different sections.  I immediately thought that with the use of this pen, I could add an extra dimension to my patterns.  It worked just as I had envisioned.
 
The process was simple and the pen adapted itself to my experimentation quite easily.  Following the Quick Start Guide, which came with the pen, it was ready to go within a very short time.  My filament strings could be extruded long or short, and I could manipulate them to be curvy or straight.  There was an ample selection of black ,white, and red, but inasmuch as my paper tile was white, I used the black filament for the first meditative drawing.
 
I place a thin line of Aleene's Quick Dry Tacky Glue over the pencil drawn strings and then affixed the filament to same.  The three dimension impact was a "pop" happening.  The patterns enclosed within these strings took on a life of their own.
 
Thank you, Lay3r 3D Doodling Pen.  Maybe the art world will recognize a Warhol incarnation.

No comments:

Post a Comment