Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Professional Jewelry Making: Alan Revere


No Fuel Necessary

The other day I received the above book from Tim McCreight of Brynmorgen Press.  I own an original copy of this publication, but had never reviewed same.  Members at a workshop that I attended were praising the book, so for me it was a “must have.”

Upon taking off the shrink wrap and opening the first page, I had a very strong olfactory sensation.  It felt as though I had just stepped into an elegant automotive showroom and had opened the door of a new vehicle.  My senses told me that I was in for a wonderful ride on a jewelry making adventure.  The beautiful front cover of the book was a further affirmation of the well defined learning experiences appropriately outlined in “gold.”

The pictorial content pages are well laid out similar to a dash panel on a superior automobile.  No guess work here.

The author covered each and every aspect of getting started.  This was much like the manual found in a car’s glove compartment.  No foreign language mumble jumble here, just straight forward talk.  Each and every project was presented with beautiful photographs, thorough instructions, with lists of material and tools.  I felt exhilarated.

Alan Revere is a visionary.  He has presented us with a masterful book.  I felt like I was on a terrific joy ride as I turned the key and set out to explore each and every page before me. 








   

19 comments:

  1. cm2spinali@earthlink.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review! Always helpful to know if it's a good book before making the purchase. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. dragonswing15137@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific reviews! i love reading them.
    crinwil2@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the reviews.

    Ldahn01@Gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. malgorzata.a.wandycz@merck.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anyes@ix.netcom.com
    I am entering the book contest
    Signed set of Beadweaving Master Class books

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alpaca126@gmail .com
    This is my entry for the Signed Set of Beadweaving Master Class books contest .

    ReplyDelete
  9. ChainReactionPearls@gmail.com
    Signed Set of Beadweaving Master Class books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ChainReactionPearls@gmail.com
    Entry for Signed Set of Beadweaving Master Class books contest

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete