Thursday, July 5, 2012

21st Century Jewelry

Something Uniquely Different


Our family, all eleven of us, recently visited Las Vegas. Together, we celebrated my husband’s and my 60th wedding anniversary at the Venetian Hotel. My blog book reviews always describes some wonderful jewelry book publication. The Venetian Hotel reminded me of a beautiful precious jewel sparkling in the desert. As I perused “21st Century Jewelry,” a part of the Lark Books 500 series, I could not help but make this comparison.

The creativity that comprised the artistic sensibilities in each and every page is also evident in the lush ambiance of this “all suites” hotel. Seainin Passi’s droplet necklace resembled the azure blue of the pools with their gorgeous ever blooming gardens. As we strolled down the magical shopping promenade, the gondoliers summoned us with their lilting voices. We were enraptured by all the magnificent sights. Many of the amazing jewelry featured in this book had a similar effect on my sensibilities.

The Venetian Hotel is a rare specimen comparable to the Vesuvius Ring by Vicente Agor. Both showcase an abundance of color and beckon one in to experience its entire splendor. The Lark Books “21st Century Jewelry” with its captivating photographs and the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas will forever be etched in my memories.




3 comments:

  1. While I've usually passed up the 500 series because I've been overwhelmed by that many of the same objects, regardless of variety, a "best of" sounds interesting. Thanks for the review, I look forward to exploring it.

    More importantly I learned of mms. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My email address is gdevoid@tds.net and I would like to be entered into the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just the perfect book for inspiration!
    leeoding@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete