Sunday, April 29, 2012

30 Minute Earrings


Ready for the Prom!

My granddaughter will soon be going to her high school prom.  I remember when her father was all bedecked in his tux and bow tie, standing with his date and smiling his infectious grin.  I’m sure it was a night to remember.  The girls in the photograph, which he shared with us, wore colorful dresses of all styles and hem lengths.  Their earrings were particularly eye-catching.

I am amazed what emphasis women of all ages continue to place on earrings.  The new book, “30 Minute Earrings” by Marthe Le Van, features  60 quick and creative earring projects for jewelers.  All one has to do is get comfortable in front of their work bench, pick out the material of choice, decide upon a project, and saw and hammer away.

I loved the chance to try my hand at the ideas presented in this fun filled book.  Neither lack of time, nor lack of money, would present any obstacles.  With the aid of this book, “30 Minute Earrings,” my granddaughter will be the recipient of a pair of new dangling earrings framing her beautiful face.  Ellie will be the “belle of the ball.”






No comments:

Post a Comment