Thursday, April 5, 2012

Beading Across America: Jewelry Inspiration from Coast to Coast (Paperback)

I have come across many beading books, some I own and others I borrow from the library. Found this book to have some interesting beading concepts. When I look at some of the diagrams, found that the large illustrations and directions were easier to follow than many. Although many of the designs didn't pull me in, I was absolutely lulled into a state of wonder by the beautiful "California Poppy" necklace created by Huib Peterson. He is one talented beader. A couple of years ago I had seen one of the bracelets and contacted him. He was kind enough to share the design. My teacher always said, "learn one teach one." I guess that is what these beading books are all about. Unfortunately there are good and bad teachers.


No comments:

Post a Comment