Thursday, April 5, 2012

Stitch Workshop: Peyote Stitch: Basic Techniques, Advanced Results (Paperback)

Even though I agree that the patterns in this book were inviting, I found the directions rather intimidating for a beginner. For example, on page 15 of the "Electrifying Zigzag Strip bracelet, the instructions state to pick up 12 color B and 2 color C beads. Yet when I look at Figure 1 on page 16, I can only count 11 color C beads. Possibly I am misreading the instructions inasmuch as I am a beginner.

The "Bead around the Bend" necklace on page 35 was quite different. Interesting structure to bead around once one learns the basic peyote stitch. All kinds of experimentation can take place to give this piece your very own signature.

In essence, I guess I need someone to hold my hand as I peruse each design. Maybe once I get a handle on the techniques I will be more inclined to encourage others to purchase this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment